Instagram has now become one of the top platforms for brands and individuals to gain social presence, resulting to profitable web traffic, engaging audience, and starting new trends. But how do you build your presence and gain recognition through a click of a button?
Growing your Instagram presence takes proper management and perseverance. While some might have magically
Here are the 5 best practices to start getting those Likes and followers on Instagram.
1. Start building your Instagram Bio
Your Instagram bio is the first area that you should focus on building. This is where you should highlight key characteristics that would separate you from all the rest.
- Add a clear description of who you are and what you do - having a clear description of your content will allow people with the same passion to get inspiration from you.
- Be engaging and relay a call to action (Check out my merch, Join us for a debate, etc.) - In a recent study, people linger in pages longer where they have the ability to engage and interact with the host or other people.
- Add your personalized link - Adding a personalized link enables you to to redirect other people to check out other things that you have outside of Instagram
- Use a search-friendly username - Create a username that is close to what your brand or content would normally be. This enables other users to see your content when they are searching for similar categories.
2. Be consistent on when to post
While posting updates may be good, posting at random times can also lead to poor audience reach. There is a reason that people started following you at 3pm and not at 3am, so posting at 3am might prove to be less helpful in building your brand. To get some insight, you can also check the best times to post on Instagram.
A great way to manage how often and when you should post is by scheduling them. Take into consideration the best time that your content or posts would be more relevant to your audience. A cooking video might gain more attention after working hours and recreational posts might get more traction on weekends.
3. Post frequently and consistently
As you gain more followers, the demand for your content increases. The more consistent you post updates, the bigger the likelihood that your posts reach more people. This, however, does not mean to post anything without value. At the end of the day, quality trumps quantity, so make sure that your posts are those that would be engaging and would captivate the attention of potential followers. Post content that shows growth - making people to want to see more development from you and your content.
4. Do not buy followers
This can not be stressed enough, but quality will always trump quantity. There are services that promise “A huge IG following for this amount”, but what does that really translate into?
- Legitimate followers unfollow inactive or unimpressive IG accounts
- There is no engagement as fake followers are not paid to interact with you
- There is no profitability as fake followers will never purchase anything from you
- Instagram will just remove your fake followers
People love the feeling of having someone responding to or affirming their stories. Build around this and you will build a community that is hungry for your content.
Building an Instagram brand can also be seen as a competition. With around 1 billion active users, you can almost guarantee that majority of those users would want to make it big as well.
With trends changing regularly, you can always check what #hashtags would gain more following. You can use online hashtag scanners, like Display Purposes to check for trendy hashtags to use.
You can also search for trendy activities or content that would guarantee views and likes, ultimately converting to more followers. Being involved in recent affairs would cause meaningful conversations and interactions within your followers. Making sure that your followers are having healthy engagements is a guaranteed way to make it to the top!
One of the best ways to get users engaged and be involved in recent events would be to have a collaboration project with other influencers. Through partnerships, you are able to tap on the audience of other influencers and hopefully get more followers to support your brand as well.
How do you manage your Instagram content?
You can try Repost+ to properly manage your Instagram account and know what and when to post content. Our app will help you take your social media to the next level!